Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Time to kick butt.

I just decided to call this post kick butt because it sound like some of us are struggling.  So, lets try to do a kick butt week this week.

8 comments:

mamazita said...

So, I am alone and have some time to leave a comment. I am not really trying very hard to loose weight right now. I got shin splits and then I hurt my middle toe really bad...no running for me...Ok so what I have learned from trying to loose weight and from loosing quite a bit once(and gained it all and then some back).
1. It takes 2 weeks before you can really see the effects of your workouts. One of the trainers at the gym told me that. So try not to weigh yourself for two weeks, especially the first two weeks.
2. I do rally well with any workout or diet for one week. So I have decided maybe I need tons and tons of workouts and diets that I like and to rotate them. It will help my metabolism and keep me interested.
3. When you make a meal at home you can't try to make different things for the kids. If mommy is going to eat healthy so is everyone else.
4. NO JUNK FOOD IN THE HOUSE. I only but snacks for the kids that I don't like and that I won't eat.
5. Use the diets that have menus. Even if you are short on time or hate to cook..most are pretty easy, and I could scan and send them to you. MY FAMILY EATS THESE SAME MENUS. Chase is underweight so I have to add butter and cheese to a lot of recipes though.
6. A lot of people say try to imagine yourself skinny for positive thought...I imagine myself fatter...then i am horrified...(like how big am I gonna let myself get with another baby)
7. For me having someone that will be supper supportive and won't let me cheat...
8. Have will power (I don't have this..which is why i fail) but who is in charge of your body...

Aubrey said...

Those are all good thoughts. I'm definately on board to make this week a kick butt week. Yesterday ate great and worked on my ballet bar so today is a run at the gym so I'll let you all know how that goes.

Aubrey said...

New website.
thecaloriecounter.com
It's free you don't have to have a membership. You just go there and type in the food you had and it kicks out the calorie amount for everything. When I lost weight in the past, it helped to learn how many calories was in everything so you understand better what you are putting in your body. When you are first learning it is really hard and sometimes time consuming and a lot of people put it down but once you get the basic idea and have worked with calories enough then it's a second language and you don't have to think it through so much. It makes it a lot easier to make good choices without feeling like you are stressing about the calories because you know exactly how many you are eating. Just a thought.

mamazita said...

I weighed myself for the first time in a long time and I was 152....That is 4.5lbs from where I sstarted. YEAH!

Rashel said...

Hey everyone! So we are a little behind on our Kick butt week. Me and Tiff just read this today and its the 7th. So I guess we will start our kick but week, this week. So me and Tiff actaully realized hwat our problem was! Our scale was broken! Ha ha... We both have actually lost some weight! I have lost a total of 11 pounds... I am at 159. And Tiff has lost a total of 18 pounds... she now weighs 192! It made us feel so much better seeing that and is making us want to keep going! We have been having a bug hanging around the house again though and so we've all be sick this past week. We deep cleaned Tiffs house so hopefully we can all start feeling better and get back on track. We have been running almost everyday though for atleast 30 min usually 45 to 60 min though! So we are finally on track and feeling good! YEAAHHH!!! Thanks for all your guyses help and encouragement!!!

Rashel said...

Hey everyone! I am struggelin a little now! I am getting ready to move in a week and I have so much to do. My days fly by so fast that by 7:00 I realize its late and we haven't even had dinner yet. We have been runnin around doing last minute stuff so while we are out we just eat out. We aren't gaining anything, but we aren't loosing. I woulld really like to loose 5 to 10 more pounds before i get out there. Do you think thats practicul? I finally quit my job yesterday so that opens up alot of time now! Thank goodness. I just have to recommitt myself! I need all the encouragement i can get!!!

Aubrey said...

5 might be doable if you work really hard but 10 would be unhealthy. How much water do you drink everyday? I ask because I was in a rut and hadn't lost anything for almost a month until I decided to carry a big water bottle everywhere and drink atleast the 8 glasses of 8 oz per day that is recomended and it jump started my weight loss. So I've lost 5 more pounds in about 2 weeks. So that's what you should do. And I think that you should just eat when you can so if that means to eat out then just try to make good choices where and what you get. I know what you mean though, I always have a really hard time with diet and excercise when something big like moving is coming up. Just do the best you can and it will be okay

Aubrey said...

Hey Mary let's start a new topic!!
We should discuss excercises that do and don't work or something. I need some motivation!!
I got to 135 and then broke down and cheated on the diet. I'm afraid to weigh myself now. Help!!