I just started a challenge today. It is 8 weeks to a better you! There are 10 daily goals that all support a healthy lifestyle. One of the goals is to write in a journal everyday. I figured this blog is the perfect place to record my thoughts. I am plannning on journaling one of the days in a journal dedicated to my children.
I have started many fitness routines and set many weight loss goals. It seems just as I am about to reach to goal I quit. It is a personal problem I have. This time, however, I am doing the challenge with almost all of the girls in my family. I hope that keeps me motivated for all eight weeks.
This journaling experience is not just about a physically healthier me. It is also about a mentally better me. I have let a lot of things go in my life due to lack of motivation. I am the queen of procrastination. I know it drives those around me crazy, especially my husband. I took a psychology class last semester and made a goal to be better about procrastination. Everytime I think I have a handle on it a relax a bit and go right back to my old ways. Like, right now, I should be signing up for classes, but I don't want to. I also have a huge mental list of things to get done, but always forget them becuase I don't write them down. I feel ovewhelmed with a long list in front of me. Some people feel encouraged as they mark something off their list. I feel like someone tied me up with rope and is squeezing really tightly.
Now, with the 8 week challenge I have 10 daily things I have on my to do list automatically.
So far I have
walked for an hour (I was stuck at the car service department, but I had my stroller)
Got 8.5 hours of sleep
Drank 6 cups of water
written in my journal
poured out a diet coke that was temping me
There a lits of dones!
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment