I am just sitting down for a quick journal entry. I am trying to get the entire house ready for the kids and I to leave for Mesquite and St. George. We will be gone almost a week. The packing is done, but I want to clean the house. Daniel has people coming over after work and he will not have time to make up for what I don't get done. Plus, I really don't think he should have to. My kind act of service is going to be the extra effort I am putting into making things ready for my hubby including having dinner ready to put so he can put in on the grill right when he gets home! When I go out of town he usually fends for himself. My workout today was running on the treadmill at the gym. I got there at 8 and left 45 minutes later I felt a little lame, but I was really happy I got it done before sitting in the car all day.
I am always hesitant about going to St. George. It is kind of weird. I have been around my hunny's family for over 12 years! Yet, I still feel like an outsider sometimes. I always want to make a good impression, and I am nervous. I don't want to get the stink eye. If this wasn't a blog...I would explain a little more...
This morning while reading to the children in 2 Nephi I was hit by the words I was reading. It has been awhile since something really hit me. I have been trying to be wise in my spending, but also help myself not feel like I am missing out on something (I don't know what I could be missing out on...lol) I read
Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the works which I have spoken; and come unto the Holy One of Isreal, and feast upon that which perisheth not, neither can be corrupt, and let your soul delight in fatness.
And I will leave today at that!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I read that one yesterday! So funny. Can't wait until you get here.
Post a Comment