Monday, October 25, 2010

Journal

Aubrey and I were talking today about how everyone is on a different level and that is why thie 8 week challenge is not defined.  While I agree in a way, it makes me feel a little bit out of control.  I really do not know how to explain it... other than I am not sure where to draw the line on some things... (I wasn't feeling this way about this one before Aub's and I's conversation thought)  For instance... one person I know did their random act of kindness as buying something for a group of people.  To me that was not a random act of kindness, but a way to just get the job done easily.  To me a random act of kindness is setting yourself aside, to put someone in front of yourself...and do something you usually wouldn't.  Thus, I feel like that person didn't do their random act of kindness, but in the same sense Aubrey wouldn't have counted mine...which makes me feel inadequite.  I don't like feeling as if I have failed...which is the distinct feeling I have now.  So, I will try to beef it up a bit.  Althought, it is still a random act of kindness...not just a service project.  Jenn was talking about how she was looking at a book and they said even a smile can be a random act of kindness...so then where is the line...see what I mean...I need boundaries to feel like I am accomplishing my goal correctly.  Like the workout rule...45 minutes... easy as pie. 2 fruits 2 veggies... cut and dry.  15 minutes of reading...(easy).  Water....cut and dry also... 7 hours of sleep....easy.  Those I almost never fail at.  It is the ones that I have to make my own judgement call that I am struggling with.

So, all of that aside, I need to talk about my reading.  I am reading the scriptures for the challenge and President Monson's biography.  He is an amazing man.  I can't even imagine being as dedicated to the Lord as he has been.  I feel like I am a good person, but really, he has a whole different spirit about him.  The book is not written as a traditional biography.  It is written with gospel lessons included among the story which is just like President Monson.  I am truly enjoying the book.  It is also nice because some days I just don't feel like reading my scriptures, and then I can rely on another uplifting east read...especially when I am tired at night. So far I have been impresed by President Monson's fulle "resume" of callings and his pioneer heritage.

Ok, so I left oreos and a note for our mailman thanking him for his hardwork...

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I like that act of kindness. That's a great one!